Warhammer Fantasy Battles
you can now leave comments here or in the Fantasy Battle Forum
this Warhammer army is unofficial and in no way endorsed by Games Workshop Limited. Army designed by Sigmar from Battle Reporter.

crushing massacre suffered by the Nauticans

I fought a 3,000 point Warhammer Battle with the Nauticans....

Ouch, that hurt !

It was actually quite demoralising to witness. The battle was against Dark Elves who managed to whittle the Nauticans down to maybe 1/3rd of their starting size before combat began.

I confess I made a couple of errors:-

1) not deploying the sandgangers as a missile screen,
2) deploying the Leviathan too far away from the action
(to protect it from the 2 Dark Elf repeaters)

The game was one of the the least tactical I have ever fought, the armies basically just charged each other. There was very little maneuvering.

Having spent a day analyzing the results I have come to a few conclusions:-

1) The Nauticans need to be able to engage missile firing opponents more quickly.
2) The Nautican magical weapons are under powered and/or there are not enough options.
3) Nautican magic needs a revamp, the default spell needs replacing.
4) Some tweaks required on units.
5) Some special rules need to be simplified or removed.

I have also decided to remove the Undead and Ghost Ship and include them as an accompaniment to a Special Character, let's call him Blackbeard for now.

I will replace these undead units with new Nautican units.

That's it for now, I'll be making lots of updates over the next couple of weeks.

join in the discussion